Sunday, September 16, 2012

Counting The Days....


   Just booked my ticket back to Florida & home to Scott & Jib & Malaika!!! This is my last week of work. I CAN NOT wait to see my husband & my Jibby. It's been over a month since I've seen them & we still have 2 weeks to go but the countdown begins!!!! The next 2 weeks will be very busy with  work, one more trip to Rocky Point, Mexico & saying good-bye to family & friends.
  The summer flew by...don't we always say that about a passage of time?! I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed about tying up loose ends & taking care of a million little details before I head back to the boat.
 This weekend I had the pleasure of reuniting with some old friends from the hospital that I spent the first ten years of my career. We hadn't seen each other in 8+ years. It was so AWESOME to see these wonderful women who are some of the best nurses/women I've ever known. Thanks for such an awesome evening ladies! It was so great to see all of you & hope we have reunion every year. Love you all.

I'll always love & cherish the 10 years I spent with these awesome ladies.
This wonderful lady..Sharon Murphy...was my preceptor way back in 1994. She taught me how to be a Labor & Delivery nurse & so much more.  She is by far one of the sweetest souls I have ever known.

My buddy Luke (the big white one..Scott's Mom's dog, who I'm baby sitting for a couple weeks) made a new friend today at my friend Janice's house. That's little Mr. Wiigo. He weighs 2 pounds. Luke weighs 100 pounds & yet...they were fast friends. :)
   It's been a busy weekend for me & for Scott as well. He is working so hard on the boat. Right now he installing a new shelf system in our largest lazerette (storage locker)...no easy task since you have to literally crawl into the hull of the boat & do carpentry. It's a hot, cramped space...he sounded so tired when I talk to him today.
This was last October when Scott was climbing into the big lazerette...Jib was just little then..always had to be into whatever Scott was doing.
 Love you honey. See you soon....
XXXOOO

No comments: