Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Still Driving

Wow, doing the road trip thing is alot more fun in the motorhome. We drove across the 2nd half of Tennessee today and across about 2/3 of Virgina. I lived in Alexandria, Virginia 11-12yrs ago for a travel nurse assignment and loved it but, this western part of Virginia is much prettier. I can see why it was an inspiration for John Denver. (Wow, I'm really dating myself  by writing that). The Shenandoah Valley is beautiful. Like rain forest beautiful. Looked very similar to many a roads we've traveled in Costa Rica.
Jesse seems to be quite a bit better today. No bathroom emergencies, eating, drinking. Just lethargic. I think he likes the motorhome better too.  We will reach the boat by tomorrow. It's 457 miles away.  I cant wait to get there. I am happy we will be in a small town for a couple months because I dont want to be in the car for awhile once we get there.  We have crossed 6 states & 2 time zones since Sunday when we left phoenix at 11:30am. 1/2 the way with a sick dog. I didnt tell Scott..but I had a toothache all day today. I knew that broken crown would come to huant me eventually. Some road trips feel like you should get a trophy, or badge of courage at the end. This is one of those road trips. The boat is our trophy...thank goodness. I am over this. I need a dentist. Which reminds me, I wish I had dental insurance.

No comments: