Friday, October 12, 2012

The Oldest City In America....St. Augustine, Florida...XXXOOO


Downtown St. Augustine, Fl.   About a 5 minute walk from our boat...
     Scott & I took Jib for a nice long walk through St. Augustine today. I LOVE this city. It's so ...old...so charming. It's has so much history...it's such an iconic piece of Americana.   I am definetly glad that I spend a good portion of my year here.
Our Church...

The 1st Catholic Parish in AMERICA!!

Today, Scott & I  saw the most shiniest Mercedes ever...Is that like, Platinum?
Exploring the Old Fort in St. Augustine...
Castillo de San Marcos...The amazing ruins of a spanish fort originally established in 1695
 



Where the Spainards used to sleep...
The Court Yard.
KA-BOOM! We bought these beauties from Mexico sometime in the 18th Century.

One of four look-out points at the fort.....Back in the day...you did not enter St. Augustine, Florida unnoticed.

AMERICANA at it's best. St. Augustine...so refreshing.



Love & Miss Everyone!!! XXXOOO
Michelle, Scott & Jib

1 comment:

Mid-Life Cruising! said...

We've heard so many good things about St. Augustine ... looks great! Hope to sail there someday .. enjoy!