Tuesday, April 17, 2012

INTERNET GLUTTON

Our current backyard


CONGRATULATIONS MICHAEL & ALLIE ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!! WE LOVE YOU BOTH SOOOO MUCH !!!!! MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!!!!!


   Internet 2 days in a row!! I feel so spoiled. I am feeling guilty because as I sit here enjoying the internet, Scott is replenishing our water supply for Malaika. Normally, we pull up to the fuel dock & fill our water tanks while we're there. The fuel dock here in Staniel Cay is especially difficult to navigate. The current is incredible, it's very windy.... you all know how much we love docking.  Scott decided the best thing to do would be to bring all our jerry jugs to the the dock via the dinghy & we'll fill the tanks that way. I am FINE with that idea. It does make for a lot more work for Scott though...So, Thank You honey.
I love my hubby.  Notice his sexy new haircut !
 Oh, we were able to buy water today for the bargain price of  40cents/gallon. Diesel fuel is $5.95, gas is around $5.35.  We're also going to get some groceries if possible. The food boat comes once a week here (which makes groceries very expensive). We paid $6.00 for lettuce last Thursday. It's been almost a week so the store is probably empty but we'll get what we can. Tomorrow we set sail north ! There won't be any where to reprovision until we get back to Eluethra....which could be 7-10days away. As I said yesterday, I'm hoping to have internet at our next stop...
  I've been getting questions wondering where our friend Andy from s/v Mellow Seas is now... he's still buddy boating with us ! We've been having a blast. He plans to head back to Florida directly from Warderick Wells. He will be in St. Augustine in about 2 weeks give or take a few days.

Andy surrounded by sharks !
 Scott & I can't do a 5 days passage like that because we don't have auto-pilot. One of the many boat projects Scott will be doing during hurricane season. I'm going to get a job during that time. I can't believe almost a year has passed since I helped delivery a baby! I don't really miss working, but I do miss delivering babies. I also miss hanging out with all my nurse girlfriends !!
Jib & his new BFF Fred. They have a play date on the beach everyday at 10am

Beach Pigs!!

Missing all of you....getting excited to see everybody soon!!
XXXOOO





1 comment:

Curieuse said...

It is much easier to head up the chain to Allens Cay then to West Bay on New Providence to Morgans Bluff Andros to Bimini then to the States All Day Hops if you want!! Nice way to go! We did it that way when we were down there. Give us a shout when you can
Love Cheri and Dan