Sunday, January 13, 2013

Gone Fishin'

One of my favorite pics I've ever taken...
 
Captain Scott heading out for a dive
Yesterday we went snorkeling/diving & were so pleasantly surprised by how beautiful it was. These aren't designated dive sites on a chart or anything...we just pick a spot & jump in. Sometimes it's a little bare... just grass & sand, & sometimes it's full of life & beautiful coral. Yesterday was one of those days. Immediately after jumping in we were greeted by enormous jelly fish. Luckily, they turned out to be the non-stinging type because they were everywhere!
Captain Scott heading out for a dive
My sea ballerina
 

Scott & the other guys were all diving for fish, lobster, & today Scott speared a crab!

Lindsey putting Scott's crab in the bucket. He was delicious.
The guys had a very successful hunt. They speared a bunch of fish, a few lobster, 2 crabs. Everybody ate well yesterday! While Scott is hunting, I just swim around and take pictures which is so fun for me. I can't tell what the pictures look like when we're under water so I'm so excited when we get home to see what I captured. It's like opening a present!

Look close....under those bubbles Scott is about to spear a fish under a ledge of rock about 20 feet below me.
I think is worth mentioning that when the guys are "diving", they are free diving. No scuba. They are all getting to be good free divers! I suck at it. I just can't hold my breath that long. Imagine....they take a big breath, dive down 10-20 feet, get into a position to aim the spear...pull back the sling...then spear! It's really hard! I'll stick to my photography duties.

This is what Scott Was aiming for in the other picture. Humongous lion fish.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Always thinking of family & friends back home...We miss you guys so much.

Fishy Garden of Eden
Love, Michelle, Scott & Jib

 

1 comment:

Mellow Seas said...

Hi guys!

The diving at eleuthra really looks great!! please say hi to everybody for me.

Andy Mellow Seas