Monday, December 19, 2011

Anchors Up!!!




Sunrise over North Palm Beach

Woo Hoo !! Looks like we have a weather window on Wednesday . We are SOOO excited!!! So, early tomorrow morning we are pulling up the anchor & moving Malaika closer to the Departure point which is called Peanut Island. It's only 30 minutes away but closer to the inlet opening we will go through when we leave early Wednesday morning FOR THE BAHAMAS!!! We do have to make one stop en route to Peanut Island at a marina so we can top off the fuel & water tanks. That means docking. I hate docking. I think it's one of the most anxiety provoking experiences in sailing. And I'm not even doing the hard part, which is parallel parking a 25,000 lb sailboat to a little dock. Scott does that. All I do is throw lines to guys on the dock & the whole experience still just makes me want to vomit. I know other 1st mates out there can relate! :)
I should have phone service until Wednesday so I hope to do one more blog before we go...after that it may be 7-10 days before I have Internet. So, just in case.... Merry Christmas everyone! We love you all so much!! XXXOO



Jib enjoying a dinghy ride


Watch Jib get from dinghy to boat on his custom made (by my hubby) step






Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so exciterd you Guys are coming Dan says I wish Scott and Michelle were here!! We neveer realized we would miss you both so much! Have a good trip across and enjoy it as much as possible once you have done it you will wonder what the big deal was!!
Love Cheri and Dan