Sunday, April 7, 2013

Powell Cay

Jib had a mile of beach all to himself today....his favorite thing! Oh wait...everything is his favorite thing!

Scott & I woke early today & were "on the road" by 7:15am. Finally pulling the anchor from Green Turtle Cay was as I said yesterday, bittersweet. Just a short little 2.5 hour jaunt to Powell Cay today. We were settled by 10:30am and headed out to explore this uninhabited island. I must say...it's more beautiful than I expected. There are a few other boats anchored here but we had the beach all to ourselves.

Although this island is uninhabited, there are a couple of crude trails to hike through. We tried to find a path to the ocean side but we were not successful. Oh well...still a nice walk through the jungle!

The buoy hanging in the tree is a trail marker...

 

Jib leading the way...oops...distracted by a palm

 

Jib. The Jungle Explorer

 

It's Spring!

 

Sea Biscuits! The one on the right is still alive.

Tomorrow we are heading to another island called Allen's Pensacola. Can't wait to see another piece of paradise! It's great to be back "out there" and out of a harbor. This afternoon I jumped off the side of the boat & went for a swim. I can't remember the last time I did that. I took a bunch of cool underwater pics only to discover later there was no memory card in the camera. Grrrr..... Will try that again tomorrow.

Love,

Michelle, Scott & Jib

This plaque was just bolted in a random rock wall...

 

Powell Cay is also her it crab nation! They were EVERYWHERE!

 

No comments: